Causes of neck pain and how to overcome them. Usually, neck pain is not a serious condition and can be cured within a few days. However, in some cases, neck pain can indicate a serious injury or illness and requires medical treatment.
In addition, before you check with your doctor there is no harm in trying to treat your neck with the best neck traction devices in advance for more severe prevention.
Definition of Neck Pain
The neck consists of a spine that extends from the skull to the upper body. Bones, ligaments and neck muscles support the head, making it possible to move the head.
Neck pain or stiffness is a disease that is often experienced by many people.
In many cases, this happens due to poor posture. Sometimes, neck pain is also caused by injuries due to falls.
Risk Factors for Neck Pain
Anyone can actually experience neck pain. However, there are several factors that can increase a person’s risk of developing neck pain, including:
- Having poor posture.
- Having an injury in the neck.
- Have a history of diseases related to the spine, such as narrowing around the spine, inflammation of spondylitis, and spinal infections.
Causes of Neck Pain
The many conditions that can cause neck pain, make you have to be vigilant.
Here are some conditions that can cause neck pain:
- Pinched nerve.
Generally occurs in older people when the gap between bones begins to lose water content. Neck pain caused by pinched nerves is known as cervical spondylosis.
- Stiff neck.
This is a condition when the neck feels stiff in one position after awakening from sleep and the pain that comes when trying to change position.
Stiff neck trigger factors, usually due to sleep without a neck brace.
- Neck injuries.
Which can occur as a result of a car or motorcycle accident, falling from a height, slipping, direct blow to the face, and sports injuries.
The injury causes whiplash, which is a neck injury due to sudden head jerking in one direction.
Other medical conditions that can cause neck pain include:
- Which can make the whole body feel sick including the neck.
- Which is inflammation of the protective membrane that covers the brain and spinal cord.
- Narrowing of the spinal cord pathway.
- Cancer and HIV.
Which results in a weakened immune system.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
Which is a condition when there is chronic inflammation in the joints.
- Fibromyalgia, a condition that spreads pain in the muscles and soft tissues of the body.
Prevention of Neck Pain
There are several ways you can do to prevent neck pain, such as:
- Avoid using mattresses that are too soft so that the position of the bent neck when sleeping can be avoided.
- Adjust the height of the desk, chair, and computer to the eye level.
- Stretch regularly.
- Avoid pinning the phone between the ear and shoulder.
- Avoid prone sleeping position.
- Look for a good position and posture when sitting, standing or when sleeping.
Neck traction devices can be used …